- When forecast is not favourable, we could check the CONDITIONS OF SUMMER FACILITIES at DDO
- If the City closes the field there is nothing we can do about that. They only re-evaluate the field at 3:30. Even though the Sun might be shinning the reason we can’t play is the layer under the red clay, if it gets damage it will cost the City $3,000.00 per field to be replaced.
- If we are rained out please don’t call the City Councillor or the Mayor. The President of the League is the only person to contact the City.
- When particular field conditions at Spring Garden Park are the ONLY issue (and NOT rain), The President will work with our main City contact and attempt to move some or all games of that day to the designated back-up field. In all cases TBA
- All efforts will be made to play all games. It takes extra effort from everyone when a rainout game is re-scheduled. Of course, player safety is paramount.
- When the field is considered unplayable for a particular game, either the umpire(s) or the president will call the game a rainout. This applies only to the particular game in question and does not apply to the whole Sunday.
- Keep in mind that a thundershower that rains out the 11:00 and 12:45 games may not rain out the 2:30 and 4:15 games. We are however dependant on the City of DDO’s evaluation of the field – we will try to have them RE-EVALUATE the field in time to possibly save the last two games on an affected Sunday.
- When it is clear that more than one game will be affected, the president will call the Captains of the teams affected and inform them that the game will be rained out.
- When it is clear that the whole Sunday will be affected, there will be a message on the website at www.dollardmixedsoftball.ca
- At all times, if a Captain wants to find out if a game is or will be rained out, call Chad Rabkin at 514-823-5866. Players please don’t call him. Your Captains will notify you after being notified.
- If nobody calls you then your game should be considered to be still on. This doesn't mean that the game won't be declared a rain out five minutes after you show up - all it means is that you have not been officially informed of the status of your game, so don't take any chances. For those of your players that must travel a distance to get to the park, tell them to try to plan an alternate activity in case of rain.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)