Subject to change as we get more directives from the Government or the City of Dollard.
Triage Questions for COVID 19
- Have you or any family members tested positive for COVID 19?
- Are you or any family members under evaluation for COVID 19?
- Have you or any family members in the last 14 days had a fever, cough, sore
- throat or respiratory problems?
- Have you or any family members traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions please stay home so the rest of the league doesn’t get exposed to COVID19
If you are sick, avoid contact with more vulnerable people, including older adults and people with a weak immune system or a chronic disease.
Avoid direct contact when you greet someone, such as shaking hands, and use alternative ways to greet people.
People who are deemed to be close contacts of a person with COVID19 must follow the applicable self-isolation guidelines. They must not take part in indoor or outdoor sports and leisure activities in a public place.
Hand Washing / Coughing / Sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds before the start of each game
- Use an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Defensive team must sanitize their hands before going into the field to keep the ball virus free.
Wearing a facemask will be a personal choice unless there are directives from the Government.
Arrival/Departure at the Fields
- Arrive 15 minutes maximum before scheduled game time
- Leave facilities immediately upon game completion
- There will be absolutely no congregating at parks, facilities or parking areas before or after your game.
- Coaches will stand 2 meters away from 1st and 3rd base at all times.
- A dedicated area will represent where the next scheduled team is to meet, until such time when they have been cleared to approach the diamond by the umpire or when it is apparent that the previous team occupants have vacated the facility
- Immediately upon the completion of the game, all members will leave the diamond area
- Team Benches will not be used as we can’t maintain the 2 meter distance rule. To maintain social distancing players will use the bleacher (stands) and fans will have to bring their own chairs.
- Dugout will only be used for the batters on deck. Maximum 3 people at a time.
- Given that it is difficult to avoid touching your face with your hands, especially during sports activities, it is recommended that shared objects or equipment be disinfected before each person uses them.
- League bats will be disinfected before each game. If you bring your own bat in must be disinfected before it can be used in a game
- It is not safe to share catcher’s mask. The league has 3 masks. Catcher are encouraged to bring their own mask.
- The batter on deck will be responsible for disinfected their hands as well as the bat used by the previous batter.
- It will be up to each player if they want to share their personal bats, but they need to be disinfected after each use.
- Each team will have a set of games ball and must be disinfected after the defensive teams comes off the field.
- As it is not safe to share helmets at this time the league will not provide them. Helmets will not be mandatory in 2021 but each player can bring their own helmet if they wish, as Helmets will be mandatory in 2022.
- Each team will have their own Catcher’s mask. Must be disinfected after each inning.
- Pitcher Safety Net will be disinfected at the start of the day when it is set up.
- No sharing water bottles players on your team
- Instead of shaking hands at the end of the game this will be replaced by applause from both teams so there will be no hand contact from the other teams.
- Fans will also have to maintain social distancing by bringing their own fold up chairs.
- Limit the number of fans to 2 per household.
- President will keep a record of fans in case contact tracing is required. Players contact tracing will be done from the scoresheet.
- If Players have symptoms of COVID please stay home. If you test positive during the week the president need to know so anybody in contact can be notified. The players name will not be used.
- If players have symptoms at the field, the President must know right away. The game will be cancelled and anybody who has come in contact with the player will self isolate and need to be tested.
- The player is given a surgical mask, immediately puts it on. The person taking care of the participant must also wear a surgical mask.
- The player will be isolated right away and will be sent home.
- The DMSL must follow the instruction of the Public health.
- The player who presented symptoms must call the Public health (1 877 644-4545). Follow the isolation instruction.
These measures are being considered and adopted by volunteers who are trying to organize a softball league this season that will allow participants to enjoy the game. It is imperative that all participants conduct themselves in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner. Failure to accept the necessary measures put forward by league or event organizers shall not be tolerated.
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times.